Zucchini & Black Bean Tacos
:: Ingredients ::
2 Medium Zucchini (Costata Romanesco are our favorite)
15oz Black Beans (1 can or pre-cooked)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
:: Taco Seasoning ::
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 c Tomato Sauce
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 C Chicken Stock, Dry White Wine, Water, or other liquid
1 tsp Brown Sugar
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 sm Onion
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
salt, to taste
:: Directions ::
- Coarsely chop zucchini and add to pre-heated pan with olive oil on medium heat
- Add taco seasonings, ensuring enough liquid to cook and coat zucchini
- While zucchini is cooking, prepare taco toppings. We like to serve with cilantro microgreens, sliced jalapeños, matchsticked radish, kohlrabi, turnip, or other firm root vegetables, grated cheese, and a lime wedge.
- Once zucchini is soft (approx. 20 mins) add black beans, simmer for 3-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve zucchini filling with toppings.