:: Ingredients ::
2 Medium Zucchini (Costata Romanesco are our favorite)
1 package Tofu
1 pint Snow Peas
1 c Basil, coarsely chopped
1 c Jasmine Rice
2 Tbsp Sesame, Peanut, or Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
:: Basic Stir-Fry Sauce ::
1/4 c Soy Sauce
1 1/4 c Water
1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Honey or Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Rice Wine
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
:: Directions ::
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, toss in oil, and cook on preheated grill until soft, turning once (feel free to add other veggies you may have on hand such as squash, broccoli, carrots, etc. but be mindful of cooking times for each)
- While zucchini is cooking, heat 1 1/2 c water and 1 c white rice, simmering until water has evaporated and rice is cooked.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Break up tofu in a bowl so it crumbles (mimicking ground meat) and season with a dash of garlic powder.
- Fry tofu until browned, stirring regularly
- While tofu is browning, combine all stir-fry sauce ingredients (except corn starch) in a small bowl. Place the cornstarch in a separate bowl and whisk in the sauce mixture.
- Chop zucchini and add to skillet. Add snow peas and cook until vibrant in color, approx 3 minutes.
-Whisk stir-fry sauce to combine, keeping heat medium high, stir in sauce, mixing from bottom of pan until sauce thickens (about 3-5 minutes)
- Serve over rice.